Friday, June 6, 2008

What Happens When Our Lives Collide with G-d's Word...

So this is the part of the story where Larry comes out and sings a silly song.... Wait, What?!

Ok well this Is what I have been mulling over for awhile: When our Lives collide with G-d's word? First What is G-d's word? Is it the bible? The spoken word of G-d? The truth of the written and spoken word? If these are true I would like to quote this: "Truth is not a set of rules to be mastered, but a is a man, Jesus Christ, to be known."
So I think when I look at it like this and then look at my life a few things can happen: First, through the Word grace is always extended! This being said, three things are now possible: one I accept his grace, I allow his beautifully life giving grace to "collide" with my heart and  I am moved by his grace and I intern extend his grace to others. Two, I reject his grace and the collision of his word hardens my heart, I am like Pharaoh, in the Old Testament when moses comes and extends G-d's grace by giving him a chance to let  his people go. But like Pharaoh, I take on the role of god (lower case because I am not G-d), and do things my own way... and as per usual I am rocked by his wrath, which is letting me do my own thing (Romans 1:18-32).
Thirdly, I can deceive my own self, read the word speak the word but not be changed by the word. Rev. 3:11 or 12. I become Luke warm and walk the fence... I am then "Spit from his mouth!" Which sucks! So I guess the last two are sort of the same but they Are different.
May we be moved by Grace! 
Open the eyes to my heart Lord, I want to see you!
A practical way My life has been moved is this: I have been struggling with fear of the dark and being out side and I have been seeking peace in this fear... more so freedom. And my mom showed me the verse in Psalm that says even the Darkness is like light to G-d... this is a hard thing to comprehend and I was still scared, wanting to trust G-d, (which was the heart issue, I didn't want to trust G-d!) but not seeing through the dark in to the fathers light. Then the other day my friend Pat showed me a picture that he had taken at three in the morning (when it was pitch dark!) The picture however showed full detail of the scenery!!! Green trees, A white barn, a black road... and I asked him how this was possible! he told me he left the shutter open for 4 minutes and let the light shine in... WOW! This was a G-d moment!!! I have been deceived that in the darkness Sight is not possible.... but I have been looking at it wrong! Light is there, G-d's pure good light! My "fallen" eyes just cannot seen what G-d has in store... My whole perception was changed! My trust in G-d renewed...(it is funny how often we fall, we don't trust in Jesus to never leave us nor forsake us...) Praise G-d for little moments like looking at a picture to see his plan and Word come alive!!!!
Be Blessed!
Peace and Love in Jesus Christ!

1 comment:

Jack said...

Ian I'm so glad you have joined the blogging community!